Monday, September 20, 2010

CONSCIOUS AWARENESS

How many times have you been asked this leading question? "How is your prayer life?"

If you are like me, the answer to that question immediately creates a little bit of dissonance.

I have to sift through in my mind what the person is asking. Are they asking how much time I spend praying each day? Are they asking if I am a good prayer warrior? Are they asking me if I really connect with God or just going through the motions? Are they asking me if I am getting some great answers to prayers? Are they asking me if I keep a journal? The list goes on.

What does a good prayer life look like for those of us who want to be healthy? The fact of the matter is that it will look different for each of us. God has uniquely created all of us to relate to Him somewhat differently. For many it will be in our prayer closet. For some it will be lengthy prayer sessions on our knees, and for some it may be one liners throughout the day.

The bottom line is this: Are we living our lives so that all the words we speak will be said with the conscious awareness of God's presence? That sounds to me like the essence of a what a good "prayer Life" should look like.

So the question I want to leave you today is this: Has your prayer life become something so compartmentalized that it has become a to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment