Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Communion or Call

I was listening to Dr Dobson interview H. B. London last night and H.B. said something that struck me. He said, many pastors are enamored more with their call to ministry than the one who called them. What he meant is that too many pastors are caught up in the grind and success of performing good ministry without taking the time for real communion with God. Needless to say I have witnessed too many pastors in my ministry that are caught up in the same grind.

John Owen, Puritan theologian wrote this prayer, " I pray with all my heart that I may be weary of everything else but.....communion with Him"

What excites you more about your ministry, numerical growth, sermon preparation, people's lives changing, or communion with Abba Father?

May I add this prayer to the list: Lord I pray that my ministry is an overflow of intimacy with you. May it never be flesh driven or mechanical.
Help me not to get so caught in my call that I miss the one who called me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment